Have you ever struggled trying to locate information about an invoice in Genie when all you know is the invoice number? If the account is outstanding you can easily navigate to Billing > Receipt by Invoice No to locate the invoice details but what happens when that invoice has been fully receipted? Well fear not - you can still locate the required information by running a straight-forward query.
Before you begin
It may seem obvious but before you start you'll need to know the invoice number that you're trying to search for. You might have this listed in your bank account against a direct deposit or on a remittance advice you've received.
Performing the search
1. In order to locate the invoice information navigate to File > Maintenance and Reports > Administrator tab
2. Select the Payments option at the top left of the window
3. In the resulting window select the magnifying glass icon
4. Expand the Payment table underneath the Available Fields by selecting the triangle icon and then in turn expand the Payment_TXN_Id_Fk field by selecting the corresponding triangle icon
5. Choose the InvoiceNum field from the list of Available Fields. From the Comparisons field select 'is equal to' and then in the Value box key in the invoice number you have noted down. Your query should then look similar to below with the number entered into the value box being the invoice number you had previously noted down
6. Select the Query button
7. You will then be returned to the Payments window where any payments will be listed
8. Double click on the entry and then select "Links Payment to Original Invoice" in order to see the associated invoice details including patient name, account holder, service date etc
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link