Genie has the ability to generate a highly customisable theatre list with just a few clicks of the mouse so you can supply doctors and hospitals the exact information they are asking for.
Before you begin
Before generating a theatre list you need to ensure that you have rooms set up in Genie and a room has been selected in the procedure window. Please see the Adding Procedure Records article for more information. The procedure needs to have an appointment created to be able to generate the theatre list.
If you have the Genie Email module set up, you can email the theatre list directly from Genie. For more information on setting up the Genie Email module, please refer to the Email Module Setup section of the Genie Manual.
Did you know: If you are running Genie v9.3.4 and above, your patients' 'Age' and 'Known As' name field will now print on your Theatre Lists.
Now that your rooms have been configured and your procedures have been booked and linked to an appointment, you are able to create your procedure list.
The correct day must be selected in the Appointment Book to print the specific day. You have an option to print the selected appointment or a whole day’s procedures. If you wish to use the selected appointment option, you will need to highlight the relevant appointment by holding down your CTRL/Command key and click to highlight multiple appointments. Next, navigate to Appts > Print Theatre List.
The options you can change on the theatre list are:
- Whether to print the Whole Day or Selected Appointments if you have highlighted just a selection of appointments with procedures linked to them
- Start Time will automatically populate from the first procedure for that day. You are able to manually change this so a different start time prints at the top of the theatre list. Whatever start time you enter will not change which procedures that print on the theatre list. This is dictated by the Whole Day or Selected Appointments radio buttons
- Provider: You can only print procedures for one provider on each theatre list, so you will need to select the appropriate provider
- Hospital: Similarly, you can only print procedures for one hospital/room on each theatre list, so you will need to select the appropriate hospital/room. The selections available in this dropdown are pulled from Appts > Appt Preferences > Column Order and Rooms from the Rooms list on the right hand side of the window
- Whether to print procedure Times, Number (order of the procedure), or to Print Nothing (to print neither the order nor the time of the procedures
- Admission Date & Time – This will include the admission date and time as selected in the procedure window
- Item numbers – This will display the item numbers that were generated in the Quotes tab of the procedure window
- Referrer's Email will print the patient's referring doctor's email address
- Referrer's Fax will print the patient's referring doctor's fax number
- Mark as Final will put "FINAL" on the theatre list; otherwise it will be marked as "DRAFT"
- Consent Status will print whether or not consent has been signed, as determined by the tick box in the Details tab of the Procedure window
- Account Type will print if ticked, as specified in the patient's demographics window
- Fasting Time will appear as specified in the Details tab of the Procedure window
- NOK Details will print the patient's next of kin, as shown in the Secondary tab of the patient's demographics window
- Orientation of the list gives you the option to generate the list in Landscape or Portrait as seen below
Once the theatre list specifications meet your requirements, you can print the theatre list using the button. There are several things you may wish to consider prior to printing. If you wish to print to PDF on a Windows machine you will need to consider the prerequisites prior to printing. These being that the correct QuickTime application (version 7.7.9 for Windows 10 and version 7.7.3 for Windows 7 or 8) is installed as well as a PDF printer. For further information on printing to PDF please review the Printers article. Generally Mac machines have applications pre-installed and do not require further configuration to print to PDF.
Alternatively, if you wish to email the theatre list, if you have configured the Genie Email Module, you can click on the button.