If your financial institution requests a sample invoice showing the BPAY option in the remittance advice, you can generate a sample invoice via a patient’s Account Holder window. To generate a sample invoice:
- Navigate to Open > Account Holders and search for a test patient
- Double-click to open the patient’s Account Holder record
- Click the Print Sample Invoice button
- You should receive the following prompt:
- Click Yes or No depending on your specific agreement with your financial institution and Genie will generate a sample invoice
- Navigate to Billing > Receipt by BPAY Reference Number
- In the Request window, enter the BPAY Customer Reference Number and then click OK.
Note: If a matching CRN can be found but there are no outstanding debts, you will receive prompt advising, 'There are no outstanding debts for this account holder.’ If no matching CRN number can be found, you will receive a prompt advising, 'An account holder with this Customer Reference Number cannot be found.'
- In the Receipt window, ensure the correct bank account is selected in the Bank to field in the top left-hand corner of the window and enter the payment amount as Direct Deposit
- Once you’ve entered the Direct Deposit amount, you may wish to enter ‘BPAY’ in the box that appears to the right of the Direct Deposit field for ease of reference. Apply the payment and then Print or Store the receipt.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link