Genie can integrate with your third party encryption program to make sending and receiving confidential patient information securely quicker and easier. These third party carriers include:
- AllTalk or EQuery
- Medical Objects
Before you begin
- You will firstly need to have the third party carrier set up their software on your system. This is not something that Genie Support is able to assist with.
- The receiving doctor will also need to have the same program set up on their system. For this reason, a doctor may need to be signed up with two or three carriers to send letters to their most commonly referring GPs.
- We recommend having your third party carrier software set up on one of your Genie Client machines rather than the Genie Server machine.
- If you are using AllTalk/EQuery or DivisionReport you will need to ensure that you have the carrier identifier set up within File > Practice Preferences > Carrier Identifiers
- If you are using 2Hippo or ReferralNet you will need to enter an ID in the Correspondence tab of each of the doctor’s User Preferences.
- If you are using HealthLink, please refer to the HealthLink article as the configuration for HealthLink is different to the other third party carriers.
After the third party carrier’s software is installed on a machine at your practice, you will need to ensure the corresponding file directories have been created to integrate the carrier software with Genie. This is usually carried out by the third party carrier technician on installing their software on your system, but you can confirm this by following the steps below:
- Access the computer where the third party carrier software is installed.
- Browse to the Genie folder on this computer:
- Windows is usually C:\Genie\
- Mac is usually Macintosh HD:Applications:Genie:
- Create a new folder within the Genie folder and name it exactly after the third party provider (for example, C:\Genie\Medical Objects\).
- Within this folder create two more folders named Outgoing and Incoming. Please note that these folders must not exist on your server computer unless you have opted to install the third party carrier software on the server computer.
The recipient you wish to send the letter to must first be a contact in your Open > Address Book. For more information on the Address Book, please see our article on Managing the Address Book. Their record must contain the details of their third party carrier within the Correspondence tab. You will need to ensure the following information has been recorded:
- Preferred Method of Communication
- Carrier Identifiers for the appropriate carrier
And if relevant:
- Include RTF in Letters
- Include PDF in Letters
- Can Receive CDA Format
HealthLink has a unique configuration process and folder directory for use with Genie. Once the HealthLink software has been configured on your network and the requisite file directories created, you can ensure HealthLink is connected to Genie an functioning correctly by following the instructions below.
- Log into Genie and select Open > Configure HealthLink.
- You will be presented with the below window:
- Click the button and text will appear telling you whether HealthLink is correctly configured
Please keep in mind that the HealthLink folders will be configured by HealthLink technicians and there is limited assistance Genie Support can provide regarding these folder structures.
For more information on HealthLink, please refer to the HealthLink article.
If you think somebody else would appreciate reading this article feel free to email them a link.